Asked on Apr 27, 2017

How to protect hosta's from deer?

AnnieBillTeri
+6

How can I keep the deer from destroying my hosta plants?

Try making a spray with hot pepper and garlic
  • Sheila McCarthy Cuccaro

Tried everything. Liquid Fence is the only thing that seems to work for me. Once a week for 3 weeks and then monthly.
  • Carol Fisher

Agree with Sheila.
  • Jeanie Ogle

I went to my barber shop/beauty salon and asked for the freshly cut hair and spread it around my rose bushes - the deer quit eating them. I had to refresh the hair periodically. Don't know why they don't like the hair, but it worked.
  • Landsharkinnc

DeerScram granules or spray works well on lilliums
  • Kat1422180

Grate a bar of Irish spring soap and put around them. It works for me.
  • Teri

Try juicy fruit gum or moth balls
  • Bill

liquify hot peppers, garlic, a little dish soap, water so you can put in sprayer and spray your plants keeps deer and rabbits away they do not return for a second sample and you only need to do this once
  • Annie

I went to hair dressers got myself some cut hair and sprinkle it around my flower bed place some rocks on it to keep wind blowing it and deer smell hair andm leave thinking humans around sounds stupid but works now deer will not come in my garden any more