Asked on Apr 27, 2017

Patio flora-I'm looking for ideas to beautify my balcony ...

KylieVirginia ThomasVos21311394
+2

• Judy Ferrell

pansies, petunias, marigolds, minature roses, lavender
  • Vos21311394

What is your exposure to the sun? Balcony conditions are almost inevitibly quite harsh. Oddly enough, try some of the:
    1. prickly pear cactus, which will grow anywhere it doesn't freeze too hard in the winter time.
    2. Hibiscus does well most everywhere, too.
    3. Miniature roses are virtually indistructible.
    4. The new everblooming roses. These sometimes don't turn out as presented on the label - taller, bushier, spreading, etc, but all lovely and above all: hardy.
  • Virginia Thomas

You can find planter containers that you can place on the rail of your balcony, Talk to your local nursery and find out which plants in your area are best suited for the direction your balcony faces. I used a mix of both inexpensive trees from MIchaels and live plants to create a cozy and beautiful sanctuary on my 2nd story deck. If it is possible, you can also add several hanging plants that hung above the rail. Let your imagination run wild.
  • Kylie

great ideas, thank you!
  • Kylie

A coworker was just telling about those!