Asked on Apr 27, 2017

What type of water filter takes out the iron in my well water?

Kathy BitzanAmy HWilliam
+2

Help! Even my hair is turning orange! I have a well that supplies lots of water, but has a very high iron content, taste funny and leaves all my bathrooms, dishwasher, and washing machine orange. I guess orange is the new black!

• Steven

Iron is a common problem with many home owners. It can shorten the life of washing machines and dish washer by half. The best way is to get a water softener.
  • Sally Wiese

I would have the water tested. Find a lab that does that. Maybe it is your pipes and not the water. Worth spending a small amount for yoursdafety.

You will need an Iron filter.
  • Amy H

I had a water company come in, test the well water, and design a filtration system. It was pricey but well worth the money knowing we were drinking safe water and it was no longer orange.
  • Kathy Bitzan

I have a sister in CA. who bought an older home and it is in her pipes. She said don't use the sink up stairs the water is bad and she wasn't kidding.