Amanda
Amanda
  • Powell, TN
Asked on Apr 27, 2017

Foam Padding Project Ideas?

Pennie1958Shirley HeikkinenC. D. Scallan
+3

Greetings! I'm looking to enlist your brilliant minds to find out all of the amazing ideas I could possibly try to repurpose a memory foam mattress pad. I hate to just throw it out. Yet, I have no reason to use it as a pad for a chair, bed, ect. So, what are some other creative possibilities that you can think of to repurpose it? Thank you so much in advance. I'm ecstatic to be able to read your comments soon!
  • Sharon Susa Courchesne

Do you have kids? You could cut out different shapes & your kids could use them to dip in paint & make pictures.
    Or depending on how much foam you have, cut it into squares & make a foam pit for your kids to jump into. Ok, that would actually be fun for adults too wouldn't it? ha ha
    • Amanda

It actually does! You're my kind of gal ;) As a matter of fact I do have kids. Fun idea! Thank you!
  • Cecelia Funk

Cover w/material to make floor cushions, use for cushion on bench.
  • C. D. Scallan

Does anyone you know have a bad back or neck? I chopped up the last one I had to make lumbar and cervical pillows . Then made a more others I know that have the same problems I have . If you don't know anyone personally , I'm sure the local assisted living community does.
  • Shirley Heikkinen

Cut into wheelchair seat size pieces, cover and donate to a senior facility.
  • Pennie1958

or you can make a dog bed or two