Asked on Apr 27, 2017

How do you keep deers from eating plants?

Joop LaenenLoriErin Fisher
+15

Try making a spray with hot pepper and crushed garlic.
  • Kristi Smith Grogan

I have heard grated Irish spring soap sprinkled around helps.
  • Pat

Thank you....
  • Sus13834410

Buy some Tea Tree oil and put a few drops on some old tea bags then scatter then around edge of garden. Deer hate the smell.

• Dawn Ott-Kubis

When I lived in NC people came in the salon I worked in and got the swept hair. Its clean (usually) and smells like people, if they're not use to people it scares them
    • Pat

Thank you will pass it on to my daughter who is having the problem in GA.

• Pat Kleinmaier

I sprinkle used cat litter around. Deer don't like cats. Don't need much. I did it for a couple years and now they don't bother my hostas anymore.
    • Pat

Thanks, now she will either have to get a cat or find someone who has one.
  • Joop Laenen

mmmmmm bambi
  • Bruce Wayne

The plural of deer is deer

• Pat Kleinmaier

Should be easy to find a friend that would share a little
  • Jmp22549047

30.06 rifle and a bbq pit
  • Jmp22549047

Jut kidding, Ive heard the hair thing before.
  • Erin Fisher

I plant Marigolds around my hostas and have been very lucky for 6 years. Now I have to protect my lilacs. The irish springs works around my trees
  • Lori

I have a resident herd of deer that destroy my daylilies and hostas if I don't stay on top of it. I have used dryer sheets, bars of soap, pepper and that stinky store bought spray. Nothing worked for long. A friend who was a groundskeeper for years at the local country club told me about this. He used a granular product called Deer Scram. It is very effective, but a little pricey. You make a barrier with it a few feet from your garden. It contains dried blood and deer avoid anything that is dead. They just walk around the barrier and leave what is inside alone. I've been using it for two years now and my lillies actually have gotten flowers now that Bambi stopped eating the buds!
  • Joop Laenen

You like them or you eat them