Asked on Apr 27, 2017

What can I use extra floor pieces for?

NancyJanet PizaroJkendall
+2

I had a wood floor put in and have lots of extra pieces..What can I do with them. They are all lengths and I'd like to make something with them. Please help.
  • KatieAnn

Save them. You never know when your floor could be damaged & you will want the matching flooring to replace & repair the damaged sections. This is especially true if you have the flooring in the kitchen and the dishwasher leaks or a pipe bursts when you aren't home.
  • Barb T

Make picture frames.

• Jkendall

It's a great idea to keep them! There are unknown circumstances and you will not get the same lot for additional hardwood. We actually expanded a bedroom wall and needed more hardwood for that area.

Save what you think you will need incase,and the balance make a planter for your garden.
  • Nancy

we had tiles left over...12x12. I used them on the bottom of my bathroom vanity and
    also under the kitchen sink! I just laid them in their. If I ever need to replace one in the flooring, I still have them.