Asked on Apr 27, 2017

How to Tastefully Cover an Electrical Panel?

Susan SavareseMindyNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+4

I have an electrical panel in my kitchen that is such an eyesore! It's off-centred and on a very small wall. I'm in an apartment so I can't put any big nails or holes in the wall. Help!
  • Teresa Phillipps

Hang a bulletin, chalk board or cork board over it.
  • Adayan88

Find a beautiful fabric wall hanging to hang over it. Or, one of those cute wall hangers with pockets on it. Then you can use it for wooden spoons, or whatever. see wish.com for super cheap pocket wall hangers, or make them yourself.

Hang an apron over it and use Three m commands hooks which will not damage the walls.
  • CeCe813

... and use Command Hooks to hang whatever you choose over it! They are great and come in sizes to hold a variety of weights, without marking up the walls in a rental. I have an awful eyesore panel in my kitchen, too. Except mine is about 40" tall and projects 2" from the wall (no idea why it was installed this way). I hung a very large and heavy plaster frieze over it (with an equally large and heavy piece of chain to hold the weight of said frieze). It is actually a focal point in my kitchen now, but it is on a wall by iteslf, not next to cabinet doors like yours.
  • Without a doubt Command hooks. I like all of these suggestions - just depends what you may need or like. Or just collect magnets and use it that way.
  • Mindy

We put a cup hook in wall and then hung a picture over it in one place and a bulletin board in another place. The cup hook extends past the panel.
  • Susan Savarese

Kendra, here's what I did with mine in our weekend home. I bought this at Hobby Lobby quite cheap! I just painted with a stencil on the blackboard, but you could put anything on there!
    , Hobby Lobby chalkboard covering electrical panel