Bathroom Remodel

My dreams were realized when we were able to redo our main floor bathroom. I had always wanted a beautiful bathroom. And my husband can manage any project I can dream up. So we shopped for materials over a few months and got most things on sale. My husband provided the skill and did the work himself. We now have the bathroom of my dreams.
Stained cherry cabinets, laminate counter and vessel sinks.
This was his first tile work.  An outstanding job.  We got a fantastic price on the tiles by using a discontinued item.
This was his first tile work. An outstanding job. We got a fantastic price on the tiles by using a discontinued item.
The counter had to built in the room because it was too long to fit through the doorway.
The only thing we kept from the original bathroom was the shower.  It was spray painted in a rubbed bronze to match the the rest of the bathroom.  We also sprayed the heat vent, garbage can and the door knob in the same paint.
The only thing we kept from the original bathroom was the shower. It was spray painted in a rubbed bronze to match the the rest of the bathroom. We also sprayed the heat vent, garbage can and the door knob in the same paint.
Vessel sinks by Kraus.
Vessel sinks by Kraus.
One of my most difficult decisions what the lighting.  I don't know I struggled with that so much.  I'm pleased with ones I selected.
One of my most difficult decisions what the lighting. I don't know I struggled with that so much. I'm pleased with ones I selected.
Before.  Walls had been made from old pallets. The toilet and, yes, that's a urinal, were on a platform because of a plumbing issue.
Before. Walls had been made from old pallets. The toilet and, yes, that's a urinal, were on a platform because of a plumbing issue.
Before.  Very tiny window.  Water heater, hidden in the corner to the right of the sink was moved to the basement.
Before. Very tiny window. Water heater, hidden in the corner to the right of the sink was moved to the basement.
Before.  We reused the shower. The only thing we kept.
Before. We reused the shower. The only thing we kept.

• Mary Davin

Very classy! Congrats on your dream and talented hubby for doing all the work!

• Suzanne Crowther

great job hubby is amazing he has done an awesome job you should both be so proud for comments about a bin!!!!!!!!!!! get a life sometimes money just runs out and you manage until you find what you love ,we need to comment on the job and all the hard back breaking work that goes into a reno get on the end of a jack hammer believe me bins don't rate . This is a wonderful job enjoy xo