Uplift to a Bathroom Wall

The wall in the bathroom screamed out for attention. With my basic beginners carpentry skills I added some zing to the plain bathroom wall
The bathroom wall was an open canvass waiting for something to happen.
I got some 1x6 boards, I cut some of them in half, about 2 3/4" wide. I used five different color wood stains (that I happened to have on hand). After the boards were stained I coated both the front, back and sides of the boards with a clear satin finish. Since they were going to be installed on the bathroom wall, I wanted to make sure the entire board was sealed
I used some thermoplastic back splash panels for the wainscoting. I used a stud finder to locate where the studs were in the existing wall and drew a line from the top of the wainscoting to the ceiling to show me where the studs were inside the wall. I started nailing the boards on the wall alternating the stained colors.
I finished it off by adding 3/4" corner molding. I will be adding some decor to the wall itself when I find just the right items that I like. This sure changed the way the plain bathroom wall looked originally.

• Dennie

I would like to know what thermoplastic back splash is...and where to buy it?
    • Stu

I bought mine for a new backsplash around my stove at Lowes. Now I might have to go back and get another color for the remake of my bath room. Thanks for the idea

• Yofrendonna

thats looks superb! Do you know if this is mold resistant? I had a tub enclosure installed and within a couple years I had it removed because I could smell mold. Fortunately we caught it just in time.
  • Deb21978803

does the thermoplastic come in sheets

• Donna Tumey

Love it! Very colorful!

• Mary Coakley

Totally changed your bathroom what.a.great idea

• Townsend Walton

Thanks, Mary. It was fun to do. Since then we also changed out the flooring using some stick on drift wood planks. That was a little more challenging, but it did wonders to the whole look of the bathroom