Asked on Apr 28, 2017

Honey bees

Lauri Byer BennardC.B.Elaine
+5

Honey bees were all over my living room window (inside), believe they came through the chimney .How do I get rid of them? Thank you in advance
  • Donna Wilkinson

Call a bee keeper and they will gladly come get them. They are just traveling through. PLEASE...DO NOT kill them! We are loosing many of our bees and they are critical to our farming and gardening. Your local extension service can probably direct you to a bee keeper in your area.
  • Marthadgrande

YOU ARE CORRECT Donna WilkersonCALL A BEE KEEPER...DO NOT KILL THEM!!!!
  • Marthadgrande

Sorry typo "Wilkinson"
  • RB Redmond

I agree, call a beekeeper. They often perform the service for free, moving the colony to a bee hive they can harvest the honey from.
    Plus, in many states nowadays, it's illegal to kill bees. Thank God!!!
  • C. D. Scallan

If you can't find a beekeeper to come soon enough , call your local university . They will have someone who can take care of it .
  • Elaine

I agree with the readers above! Please do not kill them but call a bee keeper and install some sort of screening on your chimney. If the bee population disappears, we're certainly in a predicament, I would say. I hope I'm wrong in this opinion but doubt it.
  • C.B.

Call your County Extension Office, they will know who the local bee keepers are & they would LOVE to take them off your hands. What you have is a swarm that broke off from another colony & they are in search of a new home...a beekeeper will give them that new home. Those above who said not to kill the bees are absolutely correct. Thank you for asking your question.
  • Lauri Byer Bennard

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I greatly appreciate them. Have a great day!!!