Sue
Sue
Asked on Apr 28, 2017

Anyone have answers to correcting this and grandpa whole situation

RC LeachBetty Hoyle RudoSue
+4

posting pictures for the swimming pool post I did a few days ago any feedback would be appreciated these photo show our inground pool has shifted and lifted up from the ground which is causing everything to separate and crack including the bottom of the pool leading to the stairs and the decking separating from The pool. We did look into a company that would be able to lift it but it's only guaranteed for about two years
q anyone have answers to correcting this and grandpa whole situation
  • Chris

CALL IN A PROFESSIONAL!!! This is not a DIY situation unfortunately.
  • Charlotte Huffman

My husband installs fiberglass pools and has seen this too many times. Somehow water has gotten underneath the pool and has caused it to lift, Contact a professional at once. You cannot fix this on your own!
  • Sue

Unfortunately this is not a water issue it's with the ground shifting of a type of soil that is here in Texas but thank you
    • Libby

On Fla coast, sand for soil.
      We had a pool lifted and cooldeck. I understand the two year warranty because it was our responsibility to keep the pool "chinked". As long as we kept the space sealed with caulk, Sealant or whatever my hubby used (?) between the pool shell and the cooldeck, so that water could not get in between the two, the sandy soil could not wash out. The lifting job was effective for many years until we sold the home. The new owners did not keep up the maintenance. Again the soil washed out, the pool sank. Cracks like your grandpas.

I called the company with the best reputation.
      When the owner called me back to ask what the problem was I told him, Very Seriously....
      "I have a really big crack".
      In the quiet while he waited for me to explain further, I heard my deadpan statement....
      I have a really big crack!
      Well, that just struck my funny bone!
      I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe, couldn't talk, though I tried.... eventually I had to hand the phone to my husband. The guy was not amused. 😋😝
  • Betty Hoyle Rudo

This may not help, but Heritage Pools here in Charleston SC builds a special pool for this area. We have water issues, unstable soil, and earth tremors/quakes here. Pools will pop up over time. However, their system allows the pool to "float" in the ground. I'm not very good at explaining it, so I'll attach the link to their site. They probably can't come to Texas, but you might be able to get some information, help, or advice from them. Lots of nice people their as well! Here's the link: swimhere.com
  • RC Leach

I'm betting it's expansive, or "fat" clay. If so, the origin of the problem is still water. Somehow, it got wet under the pool. Maybe, the pool developed a minute crack, leaked a bunch of water, which expanded the clay, which lifted the pool, made the crack bigger, and caused you lots of trouble.