DIY Wood Pallet Shelf for Flowers

$0

I am sharing my newest pallet project with you guys today as part of a monthly Create & Share Challenge. Our April challenge was all about Vases which is the perfect DIY project for Spring. My husband, Jason is always up for helping me with projects made with pallet wood. Pallet wood is free and has so much character!!! We created a DIY Wood Pallet Shelf in less than an hour that I could add fresh flowers to throughout the year.
Rather than dismantling a whole pallet like I would normally do for a pallet project, I only used a small section of the bottom of it.  Because this pallet had a built in curve on the side it was the perfect to remake for a wood shelf.
The first thing we did was saw off the top 1/3 of the pallet.
And then we sawed that part in 1/2.  Using a jigsaw we curved the top of the pallet wood.  Next we added a piece of pallet wood to both the back and bottom of the pallet to create a shelf and make it look more finished.  Lastly we sanded it all down so there were no rough edges.
The beauty of using a pallet is that it is the perfect depth to hold pint size jelly jars. 
I filled the jelly jars with water and brought in some fresh lilac and dogwood blooms from our yard.  Yay for Spring flowers!!! There is nothing like the smell of fresh lilac in our home!  If you have any questions about making a pallet wood shelf of your own please visit my blog link below and also stop by to see what creative ideas my blogging friends had for holding fresh flowers at their houses.

• Pallet  (free)
  • Saws

20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Tara @ Lehman Lane

• Poo7542365
    Poo7542365

I would like to know where to find the free pallets? I have seen that a lot on these DIY sites (free pallets).
    • Kim Davis
      Kim Davis

You can look behind stores at their dumpsters, if they’re throwing them away, they will be there. You can also go inside places like Motorcycle or 4wheeler dealerships and ask them if they have any to get rid of. I always look behind stores and places like that. Good luck.

• 23044609
    23044609

Be careful. Many shipping pallets have termites and other wood insects that can be carried into your home.
  • Martha Anne Horning
    Martha Anne Horning

Every store I have checked with in my area returns their pallets. They no longer let you take them.