Sierra
Sierra
  • Dickinson, ND

DIY Yarn Wall Hanging Tutorial

Boho wall hangings make a statement in any room. Everly’s room needed a statement piece, without the huge price tag. I have a closet full of yarn, but I don’t have a loom or weaving skills. If you want to make a wall hanging but don’t want to invest in a loom, you need to read this tutorial.
diy yarn wall hanging tutorial
Measure your stick. Crochet a rectangle 2″ narrower than the length of your stick. I crocheted a rectangle that was 22″ wide using a cream worsted weight yarn.
diy yarn wall hanging tutorial
I used the whole skein of yarn, then switched to the Lion Brand Homespun Yarn. The fluffy texture adds a bit of whimsy. After two rows, the pink was added. I finished off that skein and went back to the fluffy goodness.
On to the fun part; tassels and texture. Cut the Biggie Yarn from Loops and Thread into 24″ pieces. In the video, you can see the best way to tie the tassels, using a larks head knot, plus 4 different methods for adding texture to your wall hanging. The sky is the limit. Whatever you can sew on is fair game, feathers, beads, or ribbon.
diy yarn wall hanging tutorial
The exact stitch details are at Sweet Everly B, but if you want to use up leftover yarn you can keep crocheting until you have a wall hanging that fits your style.

• Birch Stick  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Yarn  (Michaels)
Sierra

• Karen

This is such a wonderful idea ... I, too, have a lot of yarn but never seem to get around to doing much of anything with it beyond meditative knitting -- nothing but simple rows of basic stitch. I'm going to give this a try ... thanks for sharing!

• Sierra

Knitting and crocheting are so relaxing! That's why I started, and now my yarn stash is always overflowing!But I'm not complaining! I'm sure your wall hanging will turn out gorgeous!

• Brenda S.

So pretty!!