Rainbow Fringe Wreath

81K Views
Wreaths are one of my favorite things to create! Wanting to jump on the always-popular rainbow bandwagon, I decided to create a felt wreath with a twist! Adding some fringe to the felt pieces took almost no time at all, and adds a playful and whimsical touch to this felt wreath.
Time: 1 HoursCost: $15Difficulty: Easy
  • rainbow fringe wreath
To make your own rainbow fringe wreath, here’s what you need….
Materials:
  • rainbow fringe wreath
I took each sheet of felt and cut it into strips (6 strips per sheet), and cut each strip into rectangles (6 rectangles per strip).

Cutting 3 pieces of felt at a time, I made 4-5 cuts through the felt to add fringe. For this wreath size, I only used about 12-16 pieces of felt in each color (which means I have plenty of felt left over for my next DIY!)
  • rainbow fringe wreath
Using a bit of patience (and a lot of hot glue), start gluing your fringed felt around your wreath. I did 3-4 rows of each color; in each row, I used about 4 pieces of felt.

Work your way around the wreath (this took maybe an hour or so), and you’re done!
  • rainbow fringe wreath
I really love how this turned out! It’ll be adorable in my daughter’s room, but would also be super-cute as decor for a rainbow-themed party or paint party!
  • rainbow fringe wreath

Suggested materials for this project:

• Wreath Form
  • Rainbow Felt
  • Scissors
Linda (burlap+blue)

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question