Asked on Apr 28, 2017

How do we get rid of moles?

Debbie/Dragonfly TreasureKristyKarol L Hall
+4

when we mow the yard it sinks in. We have had some success with grub killer but not completely

Honestly you can try applying a grub control,At this point not exactly sure why everyone is stating the same problem include myself,as where I live grub is not active until June.However with that try spraying castor oil as well.
  • Kristi Smith Grogan

Keep up with the grub killer. As long as you take away their food source they will leave in search for new food.
  • Karol L Hall

Plant mint in all the holes. Had terrible moles in our yard we found a site (gardening with Cisco, where he made a slurry using mint) we tried his idea and it worked just was a mess so I started planting mint and away went the moles. We are mole free.
  • Karol L Hall

Here is the info I was talking about.

Repelling Moles (best method)
    Make up some Mint Mole Blaster as follows: Begin by running a couple of big handfuls of mint stems and leaves through the blender with just enough water to make slurry. Then mix the blended concoction into a large soup pot full of water and simmer for about 30 minutes. This will make a concentrate that can be diluted to make about 6 gallons of mole blaster. Whenever you detect mole activity, pour the diluted mixture into mole holes and around the surrounding area. Irrigate lightly after application if the soil is dry. The key to success seems to be persistence. The moles evidently hate the smell of mint and if all goes well, the varmints will pack their bags and set up shop in your neighbors' gardens.
  • Kristy

Mothballs. My fiancé works for landscaping company and has to do it for some clients. They have issues with moles or chipmunks, mice etc..

• Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

Castor oil or a windmill - they hate vibrations