Asked on Apr 29, 2017

What are the Best type of craft sticks to use?

ClareGrace MerrellsDana Baier
+2

Also I need suggestions on how to fill an oversize d drill hole found it hard manipulating the putty into the hole
  • Dana Baier

Try a small popsicle stick to push the putty in & then use the edge to smooth it out. I have find with any type of putty that less is more!
  • Clare

Thanks for that  do you prefer the round or the tongue depressor type which is flat ?
    ive only seen them sold in large amounts so don't fancy having 100's of different types around the place
  • Dana Baier

lol. I get it. You can always buy a popsicle, enjoy it & then use the stick! Just rinse it off, let it dry for a bit & then use it. I have also used a wooden chopstick when in a pinch!!
  • Grace Merrells

I recently found an old pen did the job quite nicely. I used the end with the plastic plug in it. The pen was just an old empty gel pen so nothing special.

Failing all else put plastic gloves or a plastic bag over you hand and use your fingers to get the putty where you want it.
  • Clare

Thanks for reply will try next time Hole wasn't big enough for finger on this occasion