Asked on Apr 29, 2017

How can I Keep mice out of my house (from farm field nearby)?

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAMelissaGreg Burbo
+2

• Sheila

Plant peppermint plants they hate the smell
  • Landsharkinnc

Keep ALL available food protected...and, as you live in the country anyway, catch a Black Snake...he'll find his way out the same path the mice use to come in. When they realize hes there, they will move on, and when they are gone, the snake won't have food, so he will leave too!
  • Greg Burbo

Cats.

• Melissa

So, I recently had to deal with mice in my parage. I started with humane traps and caught one, but the other trap proved that they knew how to get in, take the bait, and get out without being caught. I then, begrudgingly, got some DCon and set it out. I have a little dog, so I had to make sure she didn't get it. Then I realized that that would just kill the mice and they would stink, so, my brother suggested old-fashioned snap traps to start, and then many home improvement stores sell ultrasonic things that you plug into wall outlets. This deters the mice, so you could just put them in rooms where the mine might enter from. You also need to make sure that you do not leave any good source out which might attract them. Good luck!
  • And call for a free estimate from a pest control company - plug up any holes you may have and not know about . . . If mice can get in, so can other creepy crawlie things . . . My cats are fat and lazy . . . But my terrier can help you out! She is a great mousie 🐀 catcher . . . 😃🐕