Asked on Apr 29, 2017

Revised Q: Any EASY DIY ideas for tiered container gardens-few tools?

Nancy TurnerCori WidenJanet Pizaro

I'm not great with tools, and have a small garden but would like to grow more veggies. I live in Hawaii, in an area that's dry and sunny, just about year-round. Ideas?

Research container gardening for you area.
  • Cori Widen

You could do several of these Terra Cotta ones!

• Nancy Turner

Until you decide what you want to do, is it possible to just use appropriate sized pots to grow peppers, etc so you can start growing more veggies right now? That way you have time to figure out how you want to enlarge your garden. Ask someone that is good with tools to assist you with the promise of sharing the bounty of your garden them. It is amazing how incentive like that will get you the help you need. If we need help due to my hubbies disability and I can't do everything, all I need to do is tell my daughter I am bargaining with a good meal and her friends are ready to beat my door down to help. She just gets the word to a friend that is good in whatever needs to be done and they are here in no time.