Kamilla Maii
Kamilla Maii
  • Aiea, HI
Asked on Apr 29, 2017

What is the best way to clean black river rock flooring in my shower?

Kamilla MaiiAunt PeggyAngel12824
+3

• Angel12824

Step 1--Mix 1 part vinegar with 16 parts water in a spray bottle. (I found adding detergent helps it stay on the surface longer)

Step 2--Spray the vinegar water over the pebble surface thoroughly. Allow it to sit for a few minutes to help lift soap scum and hard-water deposits.
    Step 3--Scour the pebbles and grout with a nylon-bristle scrub brush, using a circular motion to get around the stones and into the corners.

Step 4--Turn on the shower to rinse the shower floor with warm water.

Step 5 --Remove persistent stains with a mix of 1 part hydrochloric acid -- hydrogen chloride -- to 10 parts water, using the scrub brush, if suggested in the manufacturer's cleaning guidelines. Wear rubber gloves and safety glasses, and make sure the room is ventilated by turning on the bathroom fan or opening nearby windows when you mix and use hydrochloric acid.

Step 6--Dry the floor to avoid water spots, using an old terry towel.

• Kamilla Maii

Mahalo Angel ! 😇
  • Kamilla Maii

Yes ir did!
  • Aunt Peggy

If you wipe down your shower every time you use it with an old towel or micro cloth or squeege it will not build up lime or soap scum. It only takes a couple of minutes and it sure beats having to scrub it.
  • Kamilla Maii

I agree and do that. I also find that using liquid body wash helps a lot rather than bathing with bar soap. My query was about cleaning black river rock shower floor.