Asked on Apr 30, 2017

Squirrels are destroying all my planted and in ground plants. Help!!

ConsaveryDeborah AnthonyJani
+6

the squirrels are destroying all my planted and in ground plants. Help.

Make a spray with hot pepper and garlic,apply blood meal.
  • Deborah Anthony

we had that problem, we accidently solved it by homing a stray cat, he took care of all the squirrels, they stay away now
    • Jani

sadly my husband is not a cat person. Neither are my lazy dogs who could if they would, chase them away.
  • Meg Kavanagh

Good luck. i live trap mine and go drop them off in a local park
  • Janice

Try soaking rag strips in Ammonia and attach around the garden. Make sure to keep the rags moist with ammonia.J
  • Connie K

I haven't had the problem with squirrels but had a really bad time in one bed due to chipmunks which eat the roots. One day pretty, healthy plant, next day dead plant. We buried some moth balls in the flowerbed as a friend suggested. It worked. You might try just putting some on top of the ground for squirrels to see if they hate them too.
  • Jani

I will try this. thank you.

• Deborah Anthony

my dogs chase the cat, keep our boy fit
  • Consavery

My little chihuahua is a squirrel expert, chases them out of the yard. I do suspect, however, they are in cahoots as Peppy gets a treat and the squirrels generally pick up one or two snacks. Overall though, very little squirrel damage.