Asked on Apr 30, 2017

Two of my apple tress and one pear are in full flower what do I do?

LindaNancy TurnerNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+5

Two of my apple tress and one pear are in full flower what do I do? leave them or take them off.

Leave them.
  • Diane M. Barham

Leave them!!!
  • Elaine

Whyever would you want to remove pretty blossoms? Just leave them on the trees and enjoy the lovely sight.
  • Rachel

I would leave them, and enjoy the fruit when it comes along :) good luck!
  • Who told you to remove them????? No! Leave them alone! Let nature do its thing, those trees will produce a lot of fruit, so be ready . . .
  • Nancy Turner

Definitely leave them. The fragrance alone is fantastic! Enjoy them and the forthcoming fruit! I wish I had enough sun in my yard to plant fruit trees. Too many huge mature trees in our and neighbors yards to get enough sun for them. Last owners of this house tried to give a pine tree a go and it died a slow death. We took it out a year after we moved in.
    • Leon King

Dear readers I live in New Zealand where the seasons are back to front as I have planted 75 different types of fruit trees the trees are only 1yr old.Yours in gardening Leon.
  • Linda

If you want to eat fruit, don't touch. The blossoms produce the fruit. Whoever told you to take the blossoms off is nuts!!!