Barbara Gallyot
Barbara Gallyot
  • Elmhurst, IL
Asked on Apr 30, 2017

How do you get rid of Tiger Lillies, the Orange kind that spreads?

Barbara GallyotCori WidenNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+3

Thanks everyone :)

You will have to dig up the bulbs or smother them out with heavy black plastic.
  • Debbie Kaczor

The only way I found to get rid of my daylillys, which also spread, was to dig them up. Lots of work, but they are gone!

• Darla

A lot of people really like them. They're pretty, the buds are edible, and they are a no-maintenance house border.
  • Dig up and give away . . . Expensive plants where I live, or advertise "free lillies - dig your own for free!" And let the neighbors come dig them out for you. Problem solved, nothing killed.
  • Cori Widen

Dig dig dig! It really works
  • Barbara Gallyot

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried the heavy Black plastic, and stapled it down with Garden Staples. These persistent shoots pushed the Plastic and it looked like a Balloon. I made the mistake of having the area Roto tilled, and hand picked the tubers and roots . The smallest piece of root that was left, showed up .
    I will do as suggested DIG, Dig.