Asked on Apr 30, 2017

How do you get rid of black ants outside?

Cynthia IssliebCori WidenMaryann Jacquemin-O'Neal
+3

Boiling water ,food grade diatomaceous earth,or if you do not mine using chemicals use Spectracides granular insect control.
  • Suz

Terro Ant killer is the best. Put tiny drops of this gel around your porch, deck, or door (out of the way of pets or children), and the ants will eat it and take some back to their ant families and it will kill them all. I have been using this product for over 10 years and it works every time.
    • Cne12047051

Thanks Suz, I'll try that. There used to be a home remedy that used boric acid, honey and some other ingrediant, but I don't remember the amounts of each one.
  • Maryann Jacquemin-O'Neal

Combat roach and ant bait cones, work well under fridge stove in cabinets etc, Walmart carries them
  • Cori Widen

I had a lot of luck with cinnamon, even outdoors - as a complement to some of the other products mentioned
  • Cynthia Isslieb

I had some outside that came inside the house. I heard that baby powder works. It worked inside so I put it outside too where I saw them crawling. Just swept up the mess after a week or longer.