Asked on Apr 30, 2017

How can I get rid of cone flowers and ridgewood?

Meg KavanaghWendy G Butler13526476
+2

A Want to get rid of an area of cone flowers and Ridgewood in my garden.
  • Elaine

I have no idea what Ridgewood is but am wondering why you'd want to get rid of Echinacea (Cone flowers)! They are a tough perennial and add nice color in the Fall when other plants are done blooming. I lost some of mine to mildew and wish I had yours (ha!) but I would say, just use some elbow grease and start digging them up. I've never used any weed killer (other than straight Pickling Vinegar) but I suppose there is some product out there that would do the job. Just make sure it doesn't harm wildlife or kill any other flowers (or grass) nearby.
  • 13526476

If you seriously want to get rid of the plants, use straight boiling water which will kill them immediately. I love cone flowers and purchased all that a neighbor was getting rid of... He made quite a bit of money and I had fully grown plants...You might consider running an add. Vinegar also works, both methods are eco friendly.

• Wendy G Butler

Cone flowers are self seeding so digging them up is the best bet.
  • Meg Kavanagh

not sure why You want to but im sure weed be gone will kill them