Asked on Apr 30, 2017

Can you dye carpet ?

Just peachyWanda.llNone
+2

I bought carpet and the color look darker in the store than in my house.
  • Pennie1958

i did i laid it on a tarp wore dish gloves and used a scrub brush and used it liquid form i inherited a cream 10x 12 i turn it into a blue green rug turned out well hope this helped
  • Lynn Blumenfeld

That happened to me and I had a bright orangey carpet in my living room. I thought I would have to live with it forever but with the help of bright sunlight and normal usage it lost quite a bit of its brilliance and turned into a color I could live with - the color I thought I had bought. Just be patient for a while and wait for the "newness" to wear off.
  • None

Thirty years ago a friend made her beige carpet into a dark green using Rit liquid dye. She used old towels and toothbrushes for working the dye in. She also had textured carpet. I remember she put a lot of work in it! Came out beautiful. We were a lot younger back then!
  • Wanda.ll

Yes I had a carpet cleaning company do mine from grey to mauve.worked and looked good for years cost about 60 bucks I think.just call around or Google places that do it.
  • Just peachy

yes, there are professionals that do it. It can be massy I'd leave it to them.