Asked on Apr 30, 2017

I have some 8" glass decorative blocks. What can I build with them?

Marilyn TroncosoMADECKAnn Cassler
+4

I'd like to know how to "glue" them together, once I decide what to do with them (i.e. make an end table, plant holder, etc. Thanks for your ideas!
  • Julie Titus

You can glue them together w/a product made especially for glass bricks - available at your local hardware store. I don't know what you can build because you might want to use them indoors or outdoors and I don't know how many you have. Come back w/more info!
  • Peggy Burnette

Try drilling a hole and adding lights (low voltage Christmas lights) beautiful

• Marilyn Troncoso

Hi, Julie! Thank you for replying! I have 19 of the glass blocks. They could be for indoors or outdoors. I live in Florida, so the project could go either way. PS - My husband and I found them in an old shed on our property and I hate to just give them away. They're so pretty!
  • Ann Cassler

I have seen one filled with white Christmas lights and it's beautiful. A hole was drilled near the bottom for the wire but you could use battery lights instead (no drilling).
  • Marilyn Troncoso

Yes, I saw those. I might try that. Thanks!
  • MADECK

You could also try gluing them together to make outdoor planters..rectangular or square - maybe glue on a wood base..and even make a cpl on each side with one or 2 of ones with lights in them..line your entrance walk or place on patio.
    I think they'd be beautiful esp in the evening as you sit out and relax! Have fun!
  • Marilyn Troncoso

Thank you for the ideas! :)