Asked on Apr 30, 2017

How to remove scum from fiberglass shower stall? I have tried everthin

Wal20181831LucyBarb
+9

Easy Off No Fume Oven Cleaner in the BLUE can. Spray it on, let it foam and sit for a while. Rinse away.
  • Susan

Have you tried Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bathroom Cleanser? You have to use it faithfully, but it has cleaned my doors and they have gotten out of control at times.
  • Janice

Try white vinegar and a few drops of dawn in a spray bottle shake well and spray. Let sit about 15 minutes and wipe away. Good luck J

White vinegar mixed with water a dab of dawn and a dab of jet dry.
  • Evelyn Brennan

Try a plastic scrub pad if it is thick.
  • Daw16631525

Sprinkle baking soda onto the surface and wet with vinegar or simple green. Scrub with plastic backed sponge and rinse. Works for me.
  • Pat16297750

WD40
  • Vel

You can try Limeaway for a quick fix. If you still have problems, you can try TSP. Tri-Sodium-Phosphate. You will probably have to buy it at a hardware store or perhaps one of the big box stores with large inventories. It's a powder you mix with hot water to dissolve, then cool it down to warm to make it easier to work with. I'd start at the halfway point at the bottom of the shower as you need to work in small areas at a time or you will have lots of streaks. It cleans so good, you need to work in small areas at a time. Just scrub and rinse. Scrub and rinse again if necessary. After you are done with cleaning, you can put that shine back on with a spray of furniture polish. I've used this stuff for years. It's hard on the bare hands though so I'd use rubber gloves.
  • Diane Hoelker

I buy a product called Awesome at the dollar tree. I use it full strength and let it sit for about 15 minutes spray off. Full strength it also strips wax off floors. Laundry I use it for a lot of things.
  • Barb

Thanks to all of your suggestions! I'm going to try them all and will let you know what works for me. :)
  • Lucy

Barkeepers Friend powder mixed with water to make a thick paste. Apply, wait 15 minutes, then just a little elbow grease to take off...
  • Wal20181831

Scrub with an SOS pad and rinse