Asked on Apr 30, 2017

How can I DIY Decorative pillows?

SandyGTo Work With My HandsKatherine Anne
+2

• Linda Tocci Lourenzo

Do you mean where to buy decorative pillows? Pillows can be expensive. I saw beautiful decorative zippered pillow covers at hobbylobby.com and amazon.com.
  • Vicki

Cut up old sweaters, shirts, tablecloths.........any fabric you love........and leave the great details like big buttons or zippers so they show on the front.
  • Katherine Anne

I am to able to find amazing, beautiful pieces of fabric at local thrift stores. Don't pass up the very small thrift stores, sometimes they have the best choices! If have access to a sewing machine,simply cut out two squares (or circles)of fabric, face them good side together,and backside facing out. Sew them together,leaving a small opening to add filler. Then hand Stitch it together. If you don't have a sewing machine or don't want to do it that method,buy the no Stitch method tape. can be ironed on and you will achieve similar results,,ashe sewing machine but instead of using the needle with a sewing machine use the tape and iron it on. And no sew tape can be purchased at Walmart for ordered online through Amazon. Good Luck!
  • To Work With My Hands

I've used felt to make covers and appliques for thrift-store pillows: http://www.hometalk.com/23329761/diy-felt-accent-pillows You can customize them to any color or style you like.
  • SandyG

Placemats make great DIY throw pillows. No cutting, trimming edge and lots of colors and designs.