Asked on Apr 30, 2017

Husband is a train collector is putting a RR crossing sign in yard?

Cori WidenJanet PizaroNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+2

Working RR sign with lights (solar) good or bad idea for resale?
  • Happy Days Hometalker

It would depend on where you live and front or back yard? Ask you realtor his/her opinion, of if in doubt wait until you move.
  • Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom

I honk it'll completely depend on your neighborhood and look of your property. Will it fit in? Will it be hard to remove if new buyers don't like It? For example something like that would look great on my parents property, but I might get weird looks with it on mine. Hope that makes sense!
  • If you are planning on moving soon, hold off. If going to live in the house for a few more years, do it! Maybe he can come up with an installation method that would make it easy to remove and take with you? Honestly it sounds like something I would do. Life is short, enjoy it with a bit of whimsey. 😎

to be honest it may offend others sorry.
  • Cori Widen

I agree with Naomie :) If there aren't immediate plans to resell and you can see how removing it is possible, why not?!