Asked on Apr 30, 2017

I have 3 doors on the front of my house- what color should I paint?

Jennifer | CrazyDiyMomDiana DeileyElaine
+2

Do I paint them all the same color? The main front door, the breezeway door(this is the door we use) and one going into the garage.
  • Hei346567

I would recommend painting the main door in a fun accent color and the other two I would keep the same color as the siding color on your house. Make the main door your focal point!!

Paint is very personal,my opinion they should all be the same color.
  • Elaine

I agree 100% with Heinrebecca. Your main entrance into the house should always be the main focus. Paint the other doors to blend in - that includes, also, if you have an attached garage. Never paint a garage door the same as your front door as, again, the focus should be on your front door. To bring more attention to your front door, if you have room, place a large planter full of flowers beside the main entrance.
  • Diana Deiley

The main door should be painted with a color that would create the focal point. Not knowing what your exterior colors looks like, a black front door with white trim would be great. The other doors, white. Best of luck.
  • Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom

I agree with making the main door your focal point and then painting the other two the same as each other but in a more neutral color.