Bath tub rust removal help please...

Http://gooch8@comcast.netMarilyn Sigers LanierJill Buckalew
+5

Whats The best way to remove encrusted rust from the bottom of a old tub?

• Marilyn Sigers Lanier

Bath tub rust removal help please...
  • Dana

When I lived in America there was a product called (sno bowl) it's a toilet cleaner. No way would I use it on a plastic tub, but them porcelain tubs yes.. I have used it and yes it works like no ones biz.

As for plastic tubs, CLR... make sure you use the fan and have a window open its noxiou, smells like ...... well I won't say stinks though. Not as bad as bleach.

Make a paste with baking soda and lemon,apply to the rust and leave on long enough for the mixture to breakdown the rust.
  • Karen

The only thing that I found that works is Whink rust remover. You may have to apply two or three times. The instructions are only for clothes, but we used it on the tub with good results. You can get Whink at Ace Hardware stores.
  • Jill Buckalew

Goof Off Rust Stain Remover works great. Spray on, wipe off. No problems using it on fiberglas tub here.
  • Marilyn Sigers Lanier

Thanks👍🏽😊‼️
  • Http://gooch8@comcast.net

Bathtubs don't rust. You can try Home DepotRustbeGone . I suggest you replace the tub.