What is the best way to keep rabbits out of a veggie garden?

GingerC.B.Mary Swanger
+3

• Shoshana

Try sprinkling blood meal around your garden. That should keep 'em away.
  • Linda Tocci Lourenzo

If you don't want to install a wire fence you could try grinding up some ivory soap and sprinkle it around the garden
  • Sharon Pearson-Helson

Rubber Snakes from Dollar store!

• Mary Swanger

6 raw eggs and half a container of garlic powder. Mix with water in gallon container and let sit for 3-4 days till spoiled. Strain before you put into your sprayer or spray bottle. A little goes a long way. This is also great for keeping deer off your plants. Its basically the same ingredients in the store bought Liquid Fence, but much much cheaper. A gallon will last you a long time. It smells like crap, but once dry you cannot smell it, but the animals can. Will need to spray about every 3-4 weeks.
  • C.B.

You can purchase Coyote Urine [powdered] at a hardware store; but I'd opt for a fence. Chicken wire or 2 X 4 wire is best. I bury about 12 inches of the wire in the ground in an 'L' shape[deters digging under, because they can't find the 'under' edge] & depending on the size rabbits you are facing...from that determine the height you need the fence [picture a rabbit standing at it's full height plus 6 inches...because they do jump]
  • Ginger

Okay...... so, my first thought was, call Elmer Fudd. Lol.  Sorry I couldn't help myself.
    I had a problem with rabbits one year. They just stopped coming around. I have no idea
    what happened. Maybe Coyotes as we live in the country.