What's the best kind of glue to use on glass projects for outside?

Pam LindauAjo6631549Ironhorse68450
+7

I'm wanting to make a bird bath from thrift store dishes and vases.
  • Dori Marzari Barrett

Hi Jan! I use a clear waterproof sealant to adhere glass pieces together. My go-to is GE Silicone II Kitchen and Bath Clear Caulk in a squeeze tube but any clear 100% silicone sealant should work. Apply a generous amount and gently put one piece on top of another, being careful not to use too much pressure so the glass doesn't break in your hands. You want to try to push out any large air bubbles. Add another ring around the two pieces to ensure a good seal. With a rubber glove, run your finger along the sealant to get a smooth finish. Let cure a couple of hours before you add more pieces if you're stacking. It's best to select thick glass and try to avoid crystal, porcelain and thin pieces that may chip or shatter easily. This product also works on metal and concrete so you may want to consider attaching your finished product to a cement paver or something heavy to keep it from toppling over during birdy bath time. Good luck! ~Dori

• Jan Froneberger Dockery

thank you so much! I didn't think about putting a a coat
      of the glue around my projects after gluing them together. I'm gonna do that from now on!
  • Teri

gorilla glue
  • Sil21711524

I suggest a clear two part epoxy or E6000 glue
  • Sheryll Panagiotopoulos

I have used Gorilla glue epoxy works great. But you need to make sure you mix it well
  • Ironhorse68450

I always use Locktite Clear Silicone...we just had almost 3" of rain in 3 days...everything made outside using it is great!! This is what I really recommend!!
  • Ajo6631549

Hi, I have used pool glue to make snow globes with the kids at school. I have used E6000 and that work too.
  • Pam Lindau

Clear two part epoxy , clear gorilla glue or E6000