Can peel and stick tile be placed over carpet?

Timmy18579179Mas16154757
+5

• Cor21748745

No. Carpet will make uneven and tile will not adhere prperly
  • Janine

Definelty not. My husband installed carpet so I have years of experience from me questioning him constantly about home projects. Cor is right, it will be uneven and will not stick. Pulling up the old carpet, removing any staples and tackless, giving the floor a good cleaning is the only way to go.

Installing tile must be done on a clean surface so the installation is even.
  • Mindy

No, you will be wasting your money as the tile will not stick.
  • Mas16154757

Thank you.
  • 18579179

I'm not sure if you're referring to a commercial carpet with a really low pile, but even so, the adhesive on the back of peel and stick tile really won't adhere to any kind of carpet. Why don't you go with a floating floor over the carpet if you're looking to cover it up? A floating system is really the only floor covering that may actually last, being installed over a carpet.

• Timmy

I did it and it does stick. Assumptions are only assumptions

• Olivia Thomas

Hey Timmy I want to do this in our booth at a local antique mall, where we obviously don't own the space, so we don't want to invest a lot of money in the project. How long has it held up for you? Does it have a lot of traffic like our space will?