Nancy Norman
Nancy Norman
  • Lancaster, NY

What can I do withthe space left by an above ground pool?

Nancy NormanDenise Ruch-LallierAnna Felesena Summers
+2

It's finally time for us to remove our old 18' above ground pool. This will leave is with a perfect circular depression surrounded by brick. Rather than just fill it in and add grass seed, I'd like to do something interesting, low maintenance, and not overly expensive with the space. We already have a fire pit in the yard, so that's not the answer. Does anyone have any ideas?

For easier maintenance plant creeping succulents in the area.
  • Janine

I had the same problem 2 years ago. We added indoor/outdoor carpet and some lawn furniture in a conversational arrangement. Some plants and solar lights and we had another seating area. We also added some left over bricks on one side to give it a more enclosed feeling.
  • Anna Felesena Summers

I think a water feature would look amazing! You could do as a pond, fountain, or better yet as multi layer water fall feature. Add water plants inside, ordamental grass ou, and interesting rocks. The combinations are endless. There are special rings you can insert to prevent mosquitoes if that is a concern, but seeing you already had it a water source it shouldn't be any different. Please let me know what you decide! Best of luck with whatever you do!!
  • Denise Ruch-Lallier

We turned ours into a vegetable garden.
  • Nancy Norman

Thanks so much for the thought. I'm wavering between herb garden and rock garden, maybe a labyrinth.