What is the best way to rejuvenate the soil in the raised bed garden ?

Beth ShortsNancy TurnerCandace
+2

It is about 16 feet long and 4 feet wide and raised 2 feet high. It's cleaned out and ready to till, but the soil looks dead to me.

Add some composted manure,garden soil ,lime and peat moss. Mix well and allow to sit a while before planting.
  • Cor21748745

I have a raised bed. Every year at the last lawn mowing before winter I throw all my lawn clippings in bed. In spring I work it in and plant. Plants grow like crazy and soil is loose and healthy. Good recycling.
  • Candace

Also, in addition to adding compost, you can add egg shells and coffee grounds periodically , not too. I have just enough to give it a boost. Also every year I buy 1 bag of new soil to add to my garden plants to make up deformed depletion.
  • Nancy Turner

I agree with Cor. For now, amend he soil as recommended above. When you mow, use the grass as mulch around your plants. In the fall, mulch your leaves and put them over your garden thickly to use to amend your soil in the spring by tilling it in. The only other thing I do is fertilize and use weed preventer after planting in the spring. I have had great success with that.
  • Beth Shorts

eggshells, coffee grounds, and look around in your area for an alpaca breeder, and see if they will sell you "alpaca poop".. which is probably the best fertilizer ever to be found.