How can I keep Squirls away from my tulip blubs so they can grow and B

Cori WidenBeth ShortsMollieVendetti
+2

I plant my bulbs and the squirrels always come along before they have a chance to grow and bloom !! I never get any tulips ?? Any suggestions ??

Apply blood meal,and make a spray out of hot pepper and garlic.
  • Elga Ray

I have the same problem here with squirrels. They like to dig everywhere. To protect your tulips, dig a deep hole, squirrels can't dig too deep, and firmly press down on the soil. Afterwards sprinkle lots of cayenne pepper around the tulips, since they don't like to get it onto their feet. Good luck and let me know, if that helped.
  • MollieVendetti

I take twigs and sticks and cover the hole where I planted.
  • Beth Shorts

after you plant your bulbs, cover the planted area with soil, then top it with a layer of chicken wire, and another layer of soil.
  • Cori Widen

Agreed with Beth that a layer of chicken wire is a good option. Another thing to pay attention to is where your tulips are planted - if they are near trees, squirrels will be more plentiful..