My formica counter top has stains that won t come off.Its also dull.I

Sherry Larson CooperBernadette StaalTeri
+5

I love it , but it is terribly dull .Its about 12 yrs old.
  • C. D. Scallan

Check with your local home improvement store regarding paint options . If you like the current color , perhaps they can match it. Or hey, try something new ! Have fun with it and good luck .
  • Julee Bates Spaits

I had the same problem so I painted mine black. Light sanding, two coats of high gloss paint and one clear top coat. That was 10 years ago and it still looks great.
  • Mary Brien

I have old white counters with metallic flecks (circa 1961) I keep them clean by washing stains down with bleach and then thoroughly cleaning afterwards. You can buy Goddard's Appliance & Countertop polish to bring the shine back. It also protects against spills and stains.

• Tami Stone

I have that boring formica countertop that you have. Mine's white & everything stains it!! The ONLY thing I've been able to find to get the stains out, is Clorox Clean-Up. You only need a little squirt of the spray. Grab a paper towel and gently spread it around the stain. Wait about 5-8 seconds... Viola! Magically Gone
  • Teri

Softscrub usually takes the stains out but won't bring the gloss back. :(
  • Bernadette Staal

in New Zealand there is at least one company that can refurbish your counter top by spraying it (or something along those lines) - I suggest you do some research locally for that kind of technology.
  • Sherry Larson Cooper

Apartment management does that to make countertops look new before a new tenant. There are companies that do that