What is the process for finishing and refinishing concrete floors?

SharonMsm11355119Hillela G.

A Realtor told me that she had just built a new home and had concrete floors throughout. I would not have understood had I not seen stained/painted shiny concrete floors in a business that I often visited. Four years ago, I purchased a home that had the original double garage enclosed for use as a den. I plan to rip out the carpeting and would like to finish and seal the concrete floor underneath. I just don't know where to start. Help?
  • Hillela G.

Try this step by step tutorial to get you started, good luck!
  • Msm11355119

This is awesome. Thanks so much, Hillea G., for taking the time and interest to provide this information to me. You Rock!

• Sharon

You don't state where you live..... concrete floors can be very cold, especially without the in-floor heating system when its installed.
    • I absolutely live the look but after multiple back surgeries, arthritis in my feet knee and hip, yikes, no. I admire those that do do it though, and yes, very cold, which can be great in summer, but come winter, no one will want to be in that room. Bad for aging pets too.