How to remove the haze on new hardwood floors?

Sandra RayKathy HenningGaylyn Tate
+2

After installing new hardwoodfloors, there is a haze that just won't come off. I tried vinegar and water and Bona and it doesn't work. Any suggestions?
  • Gaylyn Tate

Bona is my first choice for wood floors. Our wood floors were waxed with the Bona wax product before we moved in. It takes a little while to dry so I'd do a room or two a day. Our floors were gleaming!

Now for cleaning: Really saturate your bono mop pad and move in the direction of the wood, not against it. Apply several times and if it does not shine I would certainly call the company where you purchased the flooring and have them help you get the right results. I hope this helps.
  • Sandra Ray

I use Murphy's oil soap and just mop. they come out clean and shine like new. hope this helps.
    • Tami Stone

How much soap % to water do you use? Does it leave the floor slippery or leave a film on it?
  • Kathy Henning

murphy's oil soap does a wonderful job when the floor dries I dust mop it with endust, and that gives my floors a nice shine, and the room smells so nice.
  • Sandra Ray

No film at all. % just like you would for normal mopping. And after its dry, its not slippery at all.