Thanks!I am a beginner gardener at the age of 56!!!

+3
I am a beginner gardener at the age of 56 and just want to say thank you for all the wonderful tips, directions, and advice from all you other Hometalkers! I am having the time of my life!! What is your one tip to me on gardening?!?
  • Have FUN, gardening is supposed to relieve stress not cause it. 🎉 Other than that, get to know your climate and zone well, pay attention to plant placement and care when purchasing new plants. Did I mention having fun? 😆 Any any questions you have someone out here will have an answer! Oh yeah, have fun . . . 🐞🌱🌹

• Rambie Rambie on May 02, 2017
      Bestest tip ever! I am having a blast. I keep my info that comes with and going to find a way to start displaying the plant, a picture, and what the plant needs to thrive.....fun fun in the sun! Thank-you Ma'am :)

• To Work With My Hands To Work With My Hands on May 02, 2017
    How exciting - congratulations!!! My one tip (besides having fun) is to take it slowly. It's so easy to get over-eager, especially this time of year when the garden centers and nurseries are bursting with so many beautiful plants. Take your time and really get to know the preferences of each plant you grow. You'll thank yourself down the road and will be less likely to get overwhelmed and end up with more weeds than you can control or a bunch of brown plants later this summer.
    Do have fun! :)

• Judy Ferrell Judy Ferrell on May 02, 2017
    Have fun! You can garden in stages. Take the fall and winter with catalogs and see if you find something to go in your garden. Try to plan it on paper so you don't have to keep moving things. Remember to stretch before you start so you don't strain something.

• 1401470 1401470 on May 02, 2017
    Congratulations - I hear gardening in Florida is amazing because it's basically year round if you like. You can grow Luffa sponges which is a really fun crop and perfect for your climate. My one big tip is to start small this will keep you from getting overwhelmed because maintenance can be time consuming . I know you said one tip but I have another the key to your success is all about your soil. U.se natural ingredients to maintain healthy amazing soil.

• Rambie Rambie on May 02, 2017
      What amazing simple tips that are so important and true, Thank-you so very much! It's tips like these I need.