How can I keep my granddaughter's cat from destroying my plants?

MargeLou7615898Nancy Turner
+3

My granddaughter has moved in with me with her cat. The cat is killing all of my house plants (some have been with me for a long time)by digging up the roots and just eating the end of the plant leaf or just putting teeth marks along the leaf edge. It's been a month now and some plants are struggling to survive her attacks, I need HELP!

Place plastic forks with the prog side up and spray the based of the pots with a citrus essential oil.
  • Susie

If citronella doesn't work, suggest she finds a roommate and moves out, or get rid of the cat. That is your house. I'm curious as to whether or not the cat is a pain in the rear in any other respects? Sandra, did you mean hang the plants out of reach..... or the cat? 😂 😩 In case anyone is wondering, I like both dogs and cats; but I'm also a strong believer that life is too short to put up with a pain in the rear pet. Sadly, some will never be good pets. There are too many good ones out there to waste time on one that's incompatible.
  • Nancy Turner

You can try spraying the leaves with hot sauce and water and maybe the cat from hell will get a distaste for chewing on the plant leaves and start leaving them alone. Just watch to see if the cat starts attacking anything else after that. Good luck!
  • Lou7615898

Put pepper in and around your plants and watch it go to work I have cats also.
    You can spray them with water but don't let them know it you once they see you it want stop them...
  • Marge

The only sure solution is to put the plants out of the cat's reach. I have 2, I don't want to hurt them so I just move the plants out of their reach and have the best of both worlds.
    Marge