How do we treat a lawn with bare/brown patches?

Rach BouldSharonJudymgibbs
+2

this is where our Staffie relieves himself
  • Candace

Try to use liquid dawn and water ... 1/2 tablespoon to 1 gallon of water mixed well. Either pour it or spray it on soaking the brown spots for a week.. Sometimes dog urine kills the grass completely so you may have to dig and replant. Goodluck!
  • Bulldog

I would re seed those areas
  • Judymgibbs

Need to check a few things. There is a fungus called "brown spot" that can be treated. Lowes and Home Depot sell a granular chemical that you can put out with a spreader. You will need to stay on it though. It took me and my neighbor two summers of treatment to completely cure it. I also realized that I had grub worms causing some of the brown spots. They like to feed on the roots of the grass. I put out GrubX in the spring and mid summer to keep them out of my yard. Best of luck!
  • Sharon

I always rake out the dead thatch and hoe the dirt, then I keep a bucket of growing soil and mix some seed in and reseed the patches.
  • Rach Bould

one of my friends puts a tiny amount of ketchup in her dogs food. she says it stops the pee burning her grass. i have no idea if that really works or even if its safe for animals.
    Ive heard theres a products called Dog Rocks you just put them in their water bowl and it gradually releases harmless minerals into the water so it reduces the acidity. I don't know if you can get it in USA