Von
Von
  • Wilmington, NC

HELP on shutters color for my house

MindyJudy861650
+8

i am replacing my old exterior vinyl raised panel window shutters or may even paint them. not sure because there is several chipped areas on the side of one of the shutters. my door is the same color as the vinyl siding in which i can paint the door the same color as the shutters.
so what color? i had a light olive green color before which looked too faded.
thanks everyone.
q help on shutters color for my house
  • My thought is a deep red, like cranberry or wine, would look stunning with the brick.
  • Candace

I would buy several colors of sample paint that you like from Home Depot or your hardware store, paint a board that you can get from salvage at Home Depot and put it up to your brick to see what it looks like.. Home Depot sells small samples for a couple dollars. I think most home improvement stores do. This way you can see how it will look before painting everything. By the way, you have a beautiful home!
  • Beth Shorts

You are so lucky to have such pretty brick and siding to work with!

Most paint manufacturers have websites full of ideas, and photo galleries with all kinds of pictures to show you what the paint would look like.

Check out:

I hope you will show us what you decided on, when you are finished!
    • Sandra Allen

I do too. The big box stores have computers where you can click on a color and it puts it on the screen on the house. Amazing what they can do.
      As for a color, I agree with the reds. But, if your photo shows more red than browns, and I just don't see it, I would go with blue. Blue and brown are complimentary colors on the wheel, so if your house is more brown the rust'y color, that would be my vote. Please share when you decide?

I agree on a burnt so to speak red.
  • Deborah Brewer Block

For a richer look, you may want to try a color that is similar to your roof color.
  • Laura Pidduck-Zappetti

yes a nice natural terra cota color would look awesome against the brick!
  • Helen

I would use burgundy just be sure to paint front door same color... Then add some colorful flowers in hanging baskets. I would replace shrubs with grasses...very pretty home Good luck
  • 861650

How about the color black?
  • Judy

If your roof is GRAY then why not GRAY? Or, you can place a grey pattern on the white shutter if you choose to. Go to Lowe's and look around, in the painting dept., for they have books on shutters, and this may give you ideas too. Good luck, J.
  • Mindy

Hunter green, cranberry or a deep blue might be good choices. I like the idea f painting a board with sample colors to put next to house. Much better to step back and see how the look than trying to hold a paint chip up.