Whimsical Fairy House Planter

Here's how to make a sweetly whimsical fairy house planter using a terracotta pot and other inexpensive items. If you've been on Pinterest or thumbed through decorating magazines lately, you know fairy houses and gardens are all the rage. They add such a fun touch to the garden, and this one is really easy to make!
I wanted my fairy house to be a planter, so I used a terracotta pot. I bought a bag of small stones and reindeer moss at the dollar store and a resin door from Joann Fabric.
I used Gorilla glue to attach the door. I clamped it for 30 minutes for a good seal.
I used (affiliate link) 527 multi-purpose glue to attach the window and stones. Prop the pot on its side, resting against a heavy object (mine was a detergent bottle). so it doesn't roll. Only attach the stones on one side of the door at a time and let them dry, otherwise the stones will slide down the pot when you turn it to work on the other side of the door (which I found out the hard way...)!
Once the stones are dry, use the glue to attach small pieces of (affiliate link) reindeer moss in the gaps between the stones. I used a toothpick to tamp the moss down into the glue.
I added a Bulbine plant in the pot and set my house out in my front garden. I added a small metal chair and resin table to finish my scene. It was a simple project to do and I think it really dresses up my garden!

For more pictures of each step, see my blog post. The link is below! :)

• Terracotta pot
  • Reindeer moss  (Dollar Tree)
  • Gorilla glue

Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Pam Hoepner

• Janice
    Janice

Would using a glue gun work for attaching the door, windows, etc?

• Sheila
    Sheila

Do you have whimsical Fairy tree and stump ideas?

• Pam Hoepner
      Pam Hoepner

Sheila, I've not done any stump ones, but now that you've given me the idea, they may be next on my to-do list :) I'm thinking it would be easy to make a door and windows using wood or bark, polymer clay, or even Popsicle sticks glued together. Let me know if you make one - I'd love to see it! :)

• Jamie M. Penyak
    Jamie M. Penyak

Did you seal the pot first? Just wondering if when you water the plants and the pot gets wet, will it effect your work?

It's so cute!

• Pam Hoepner
      Pam Hoepner

Nope. I do have my plant in a smaller planter inside the big one, though. It's holding up well.