DIY Moss Planter-Terra Cotta Pots

$25

I love all the moss covered items I've seen lately and knew I could create something rather than buying it.

diy moss planter terra cotta pots
I gathered the supplies. Hint: I bought my terra cotta pots in the craft section of Wal-Mart because they don't have a hole in the bottom. I just thought they would work better.
diy moss planter terra cotta pots
Cut your moss to size. I just eye-balled it as you can see but you could totally make a pattern if you are more Type A than me. :)

Then spray your terra cotta pot with spray adhesive and let it set up for a few minutes.
diy moss planter terra cotta pots
Roll the pot on the moss and squish the moss down onto the pot. I sprayed the inside of the top and folded it over the top and spray the bottom and just folded it until it was flat. No need to trim it to perfection.
diy moss planter terra cotta pots
Try to get the stuck on moss off your hands before you go to school to pick up your kids. Just saying....
diy moss planter terra cotta pots
Insert a plastic cup filled with water into the pot to keep your moss dry. The pots filled with water will let moisture seep into your moss. I popped a fresh Hydrangea into the cups to make a quick and easy arrangement for my table.
diy moss planter terra cotta pots
Enjoy! To see the full tutorial, tablescape, and more easy projects visit my site. See you there!

• Terra Cotta Pot  (Wal-Mart)
  • Scissors  (Home)
  • Sheet Moss  (Craft Store)
Nancy @ Slightly Coastal

• Renata

Where did you find the moss sheets?

• Mary

I love this!! Can you tell me the paint and color you used on the frame in your pretty table setting?

• Col10494977

Are the moss sheets a living moss? If so, how do you keep it alive?

• Pam Hoepner

Gorgeous! Can't wait to make my own! :)

• Reb10963368

you made me laugh so hard when you said ....."Try to get the stuck on moss off your hands" ..... Beautiful Project, you have a good eye for design!