DIY Moss Planter-Terra Cotta Pots

$25

I love all the moss covered items I've seen lately and knew I could create something rather than buying it.

I gathered the supplies. Hint: I bought my terra cotta pots in the craft section of Wal-Mart because they don't have a hole in the bottom. I just thought they would work better.
Cut your moss to size. I just eye-balled it as you can see but you could totally make a pattern if you are more Type A than me. :)

Then spray your terra cotta pot with spray adhesive and let it set up for a few minutes.
Roll the pot on the moss and squish the moss down onto the pot. I sprayed the inside of the top and folded it over the top and spray the bottom and just folded it until it was flat. No need to trim it to perfection.
Try to get the stuck on moss off your hands before you go to school to pick up your kids. Just saying....
Insert a plastic cup filled with water into the pot to keep your moss dry. The pots filled with water will let moisture seep into your moss. I popped a fresh Hydrangea into the cups to make a quick and easy arrangement for my table.
Enjoy! To see the full tutorial, tablescape, and more easy projects visit my site. See you there!

• Terra Cotta Pot  (Wal-Mart)
  • Scissors  (Home)
  • Sheet Moss  (Craft Store)

15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Nancy @ Slightly Coastal

• Renata
    Renata

Where did you find the moss sheets?
    • Mary
      Mary

I love this!! Can you tell me the paint and color you used on the frame in your pretty table setting?
  • Col10494977
    Col10494977

Are the moss sheets a living moss? If so, how do you keep it alive?

• Pam Hoepner
    Pam Hoepner

Gorgeous! Can't wait to make my own! :)
  • Reb10963368
    Reb10963368

you made me laugh so hard when you said ....."Try to get the stuck on moss off your hands" ..... Beautiful Project, you have a good eye for design!