How can I remove decals from the side of a milk can?

Barb CharmsJanet PizaroWilliam
+5

In the late 60's I bought a milk can and want to use it now as a planter but I had put some colonial riflemen decals on the sides and want to remove them but can not find anything that will remove them. Does anybody have any ideas to remove these things from my milk can without damaging the can so I can repaint it with krylon paint of my choice to use as a planter.
Thank everyone for your ideas , much appreciated.
Phyllis Smith

Try WD 40
    • Phyllisesmith

Thanks Janet for your reply, anxious to try it get my can repainted and planted with some pretty shade plants for my front porch.
      Have a great day.
      Phyllis Smith

WD-40 or Goo Gone!
    • Phyllisesmith

Thanks so much, I just happen to have both on hand. There use to be a decal remover but havent seen that in years, therefore the question. I bought this milk can way back in the mid 60"s so that tells you about my age and why I'm not up to date on the recent removals. Thank you again.Phyllis

Please share a photo would love to see the finished product
  • Barb Charms

I use Downey, or the generic brand, diluted a bit in a spray bottle. I have removed sticker's and even wallpaper..... It also makes the house smell great