Help...My mattress is slipping off my box spring !

Lynn Murphy-PickerDianeCarol
+5

When I sleep at night, the mattress is slipping down and my pillows go down between the wall and resting in the box spring. What can I do to stop this slippage?
  • you could try a rubber type drawer liner or anti-slip carpet underlayment between your mattress and box spring.
  • Caseyem11

A rubber carpet pad.
  • Becky Bell Walker

You are not resting well if you move that much during the night. You need to have a sleep study done.
  • Judy

You may have to have a second frame built, to hold the top mattress in place. I do agree with the one above me, for the sleep study, will provide info., all to your better. You may want to try, first, NOT to eat anything, or drink anything, before bedtime, and no nibbling. Or do some excercises, before bedtime, to get tired, and relax. Do not watch spooky movies, but relax, and have a nice evening. Do not worry, or be stressful, for these are all facts that may hinder your rest, ok? Best wishes, J.

• Judy

If you do think of a sleep test, go thru your dr., for he may know of ways to cover this with insurance. I will be thinking of you, best wishes.
  • Carol

I'd try the carpet pad or any foam to see if it will hold your mattress. Also could use large Velcro to place on both to hold in place.
  • Diane

I would look for an inexpensive headboard to attach to the box spring...some good finds at your local Habitat for Humanity, or thrift store...a good cleaning and or a coat of paint...even a board to attach to frame and stretch fabric over and staple on the back, would work
  • Lynn Murphy-Picker

I have to agree with Elizabeth. The anti slip mats that are used under rugs work best.