Myra Markwell
Myra Markwell
  • Lewisville, TX

Toilet bowl cleaner ring- please help!

Linda Tocci LourenzoSusanDeb
+12

Please help! I placed toilet bowl cleaner under the sink in my son's brand new loft apartment. Several days later I moved it and found this ring. I tried magic erasers, anymore ideas?
q toilet bowl cleaner ring
The edges are already slightly warped.
q toilet bowl cleaner ring
  • Mindy

Try a mild bleach solution. Or try rubbing with a cut lemon. Unfortunately you can't leave any solution sit as it will warp. Good luck, but hey, now his house is broken in!

Dyes: blue-toilet-cleaner are often used in toilet bowl cleaners to let you know that they’re there, which is important to ensure that you don’t accidentally mix them with another cleaning chemical. However, if the dyes that are used in these cleaners get on a surface outside the bowl, they can leave stains.

Rubbing alcohol is a great choice for removing dyes from almost any surface. Soak a paper towel or cloth with the alcohol, then lay the cloth over the stain. Let the alcohol soak for a few minutes, then scrub the area with a scrub brush or sponge. Repeat the process as many times as needed to remove the stain.

Dilute bleach in some water (equal parts bleach and water), then pour it on the stain. The bleach can be poured on a paper towel and then pressed onto the stain. Leave the bleach on the stain for a couple minutes, then wipe it off. Repeat the process until the stain is gone, then wash the area with soapy water. (Do not use dish liquid to make the soapy water if it contains ammonia.)
  • Coedee1313

I use vinegar in my toilets. I pour about 3 cups in and let stand for a couple of hours. It is natural and doesn't leave an unpleasant smell. If the blue is harder to get out, soak pieces of tissue paper and let it sit on the stain for ahile.
  • Lori Kelly

I swear by Clorox Cleanup or Tilex to remove any stain. Good luck!
  • Angel Watts

We are updating an old kitchen with white cabinets. We used a roller to spread Kilz primer over the bottoms of all the cabinets and drawers. They look brand new! You don't need to paint over it. You can get Kilz at Home Depot or Lowe's.
  • Gr812474676

Recently I saw an article on how using a packet of Lemon Kool Aid drink powder takes stains out of toilet bowl. I forwarded the info to a friend who had badly stained toilet due to tannic in well water. To both of our amazement, the stains were virtually gone. Am thinking this might be worth a try for the counter stain you have and it is inexpensive as well ...about 25 cents for a packet of the drink mix
  • Sha22744474

Try Costco disinfectant wipes
  • Dee

I would just lightly sand and paint, then use a sealer over it (some kind of poly??) to water-proof and then you will avoid such problems in the future. I have often put a tray or a piece of lino cut to fit and lightly adhered around edges to keep the under-sink area easy to clean.
  • Sylvia Hight

Ok this may not sound nice at first as it did I; however, I now love the idea. My sons updated my house with an entirely new bathroom and kitchen. A good friend suggestion was to take vinyl floor squares that is sticky and lay them in all cabinets. I only did it to the bottom cabinets. Now I can't live without them. So easy to clean In my kitchen lower cabinets I had pots and pants and they slide right in without damages. Of course; I was careful with the design.
  • Kay

Use Bi Card of Soda. Mkx a little in to a past, on a saucer, rub it on to the mark with a clean cloth, keep rubbing until the mark has gone. You can allso try a bit off tooth past on a clean rag to, rub till the mark has gone. (Tooth past is an abrasive but it is not harsh!) You can try Metholated Spirit or Mineral Turps as well. Again put a little on a clean cloth @ rub till the mark has gone. Metholated spirit is good for removing texter @ biro. Hope theese suggestion help. Kay Adelaide Australia
  • Pen21434546

You can try some "Soft Scrub w/Bleach" - I had some blue toilet bowl cleaner stain some ceramic tile flooring in my bathroom & using this w/some warm water & a scrub brush took it off. Hope one of these ideas helps you!
  • Mal10275030

Coca cola.
  • Deb

Magic eraser?
  • Susan

I have great results with a Magic Eraser. I even get the cheap ones from the dollar store. Good luck!
  • Linda Tocci Lourenzo

if none of the other suggestions work, try citrus cleaner. I have used it on permanent marker and it totally removes it. I get it at Lowes or Walmart.