Moe
Moe
  • Freehold, NJ

How do you take care of and transplant orchids?

Linda Tocci LourenzoJanet PizaroBla21273735

• Bla21273735

I found the best way to take care of Orchids just by chance and that is to once a week give your plant 3 ice cubes. Yes you heard correct put 3 ice cubes on the surface of the plant and remember to do this weekly for best results.
    Planting material for Orchids can be found at any garden centre and big box store like Walmart. Stick to the package growing medium for best results and remember that Orchids like to be root bound therefore do not transplant to a very large planter just take baby steps.

When re-potting orchids make sure you purchase the clay pots strictly for them and only use orchid medium. Do not over water and make sure it is tepid not cold.Keep in a bright location not direct sun.
  • Linda Tocci Lourenzo

I have a lot of orchids and love them. I only water when the plant is dry. Then I water until the water runs out the bottom. I use orchid medium, when trasnsplnting. They do not have to be transplanted very often. Don't be alarmed if some of the roots like to climb out of the pot. no need to shove them back in